Monday, May 4, 2015

Elder Jonathanengle 04/27/2015 Gringo Power!

Gringo Power!



Dear People of Earth,

My new companion Elder Walker has arrived and is serving diligently with me. He´s from Brigham City, Utah and served three transfers in the US before coming here. He´s a great blessing for me. I´m learning a lot of compassion as I help him learn Portuguêse. It´s a great challenge working here with so much to do, but the Lord opens the way before. We just have to keep taking the steps forward.

This weekend we had the baptism of Célia and Daniel. We found them in our first week here in Santa Inês. It was a batismal service that was unforgettable. We had a lot of people there and we were finally able to get the baptism font fill up.

I have to interrupt what I was writing and explain was just happened. As I was using the computer, one of the clerks came up, very interested in the church. I´ve always talked to her about the church when we use their LAN House. She just asked me what she needs to do to be baptized. I saw in her eyes that she recognizes the difference. It´s because she feels the Holy Ghsot that is with us. It´s as Elder Campos of the 70 said, "We are the message. Who we are, that is the greatest message that we can bring."

As I was finishing this letter, she came again, asking for more information, even more interested. No one can tell me this message isn´t true.

Love,
Elder Engle

P.S. Pictures will be sent next week as my camera froze with the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment