Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 4? -The Adventure Goes On

This work is a wondrous work we've been given. I wish I had more time today to share some experiences. A few quick things:

So our roommates, Elder Gwilliam and Elder Christie, in a lesson, mixed up the word for improve or better, with woman. "Melhor" vs. "Mulher". It was their first lesson with our new investigator (Eric Smith, AKA Irmao Smith, is teaching us) and they were trying to say was that their children can become better through the Gospel. What they ended up saying is "Your Children can become women through the Gospel of Jesus Christ." Their investigator paused for a moment and said, "Serio?" (seriously?) He was actually probably more excited about that ha. It was HILARIOUS.

Also, when they were teaching us about the Plan of Salvation, instead of saying we lived with our Father in Heaven before this life, they said we died with him before this life. That was hilarious.

I want to testify of two things this week that have really hit home for me:

1) The Spirit is the key to every good thing we are able to do. We are powerless and worthless without the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. 

D&C 121:36 is my scripture for the week:
"36 That the arights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be bcontrolled nor handled only upon the cprinciples of righteousness."

Amen! It's true. The power we have with the spirit is limitless. The sorrow and pain I feel without it is hard to bear. The simplest casual things can take away the spirit. I can think of 3 specific experiences where I really diminished the spirit during my time here. Each time I feel my ability to teach go away, my ability to speak is reduced, and I feel like a worthless Missionary. This is in contrast to the power I feel when I have the spirit flowing through me. I can do anything. I testify that the spirit changes people, not your words. If ye are prepared, ye shall know what to say in the very moment you need it (somewhere in D&C is that scripture).

2) We go where we're supposed to go when we're needed. I know I won't get my visa and I'm totally fine with that. As long as I have my calling as a Missionary. put me anywhere in the world and I'll serve with all my heart.

I know this church is true and that we receive revelation through the Holy Spirit. Thank you all for your emails and I hope to continue to receive more and more! I love feeling love from home and it keeps me grounded. I bear testimony of the Divinity of this Church. It's all entered around Jesus Christ. 

Remember Alma 26:12!

Love
-Elder Engle

No comments:

Post a Comment