Thursday, June 19, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 06/19/2014 Zion at Last

Zion at Last



Dear People of Earth,

There´s been a lot of changes in my life the past few days, to say the least. I was in Caxias, one of the poorest areas in our mission, and I´ve been transferred to São Luis, specifically an area that is one of the richest in the mission. Definitely this area specifically is the richest... It´s insane.

World Cup Update:
As predicted, the World Cup in Brazil is insane. People throw lots of bombs in the street during the games to celebrate. Everyone loves it or hates it. It´s been intense and we´ve watched quite a bit of it. The U.S. scored in the first 24 seconds against Ghana. That´s awesome! Yeah, when everyone we visit is watching the Cup, we tend to learn what´s up.

Interesting Stats:
I lost 25 pounds while in Caxias.
I´m currently with my 15th companion, Elder Engstrom from Colorado.
This is my 5th area.

I´ve been thinking a lot about our gift of agency lately. When we truly understand the relationship between actions and consequences, we can make the decisions that we need to, to do God´s will. I love 2nd Nephi 2 and encourage everyone to ponder how we can use our agency to better further the work of our Father in Heaven.

God bless you all.

Love,
Elder Engle

No comments:

Post a Comment