Saturday, December 13, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 11/10/2014 Fwd:


Fwd:



Dear People of Earth,
Time truly flies. As we truly live our life how God wants us to, time simply flies away. We stop worrying about the trivialities of life and truly learn to live. Without doubt, we exist that we might be happy, but in what form is our happiness. Is it temporary? A mere selfish pleasure that passes and leaves us destitute? Does it make us a better person to feel this happiness? True happiness. Pure happiness comes from God. God makes us happy.
This week we had a lot of special experiences to share, but I´d like to share a funny one. When I was in Cidade Operária in São Luís, my Ward Mission Leader there told me a story about a horse that was stuck in a hole and how he escaped, etc. Anywho, in Portuguêse, it´s absolutely hilarious. There´s a lot more to it than just that, but he told me this story and I loved it. I practiced and shared it some members of the bishopric here in Teresina. Afterwards, my companion explained to me that the story is so funny because it´s basically a well-told story with a punny punch line with a swear word equivalent with our ´b´ word. For me, an ignorant American, I had no idea how many times I swore in sharing this story. Ignorance, to a certain, temporary degree, is bless...
Love,
Elder Engle

P.S. Here is a photo of my beloved companion and a beautiful sunset, along with the scripture of the week to accompany my spiritual thought about the perspective of the Lord.

Isaiah 55:9
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment