Saturday, December 13, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 12/01/2014 Christmas in Brazil

Christmas in Brazil



Dear People of Earth,
This past week was like a week of P-Days. We sang as a missionary choir in the Teresina and Riverside Shopping Centers in Teresina. We also sang in a cultural center, in a special missionary devocional and in a devocional with Elder Campos from the Seventy. It was an incredible opportunity to spread our message to many people and help the church to be more well-known.
Today is transfer day. It seems as if our poor phone´s going to explode with missionaries calling. Elder Massa, my beloved gaúcho companion has been transfered to São Luís. I´ll receive my new companion tomorrow, Elder Gomes. I´ve gotten to know him a little bit with our missionary choir here in Teresina, and it´s going to be a great new transfer. Without a doubt, I will deeply miss Elder Massa. I still don´t know the area very well, and with my second transfer as Zone Leader, I´m already going to train Elder Gomes to be a Zone Leader. It´ll be an adventure!
I´m currently reading like crazy in The Book of Mormon to finish before the year ends, as asked by our Mission President, but the passage that really stuck out to me this week is 1 Corinthians 13. If we don´t love, or have charity (in Portuguêse, it says love instead of charity), "it profiteth me nothing."
May we all remember to search for Charity as we ponder on the love which Christ has for us.

48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
Love,
Elder Engle




No comments:

Post a Comment