Monday, December 15, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 12/15/2014 Christmas Message

Christmas Message




Bom dia ala de Oak Hills. I blinked and it's already the Christmas season. I've truly seen that as we lose ourselves in the Lord's work, in His marvelous plan, time passes painlessly and with much joy. I've never been happier in my life. This is God's work here on earth.

My most recent companion (#21) reminded me of an important lesson in life, based on the scripture 1 Corinthians 13, which says, "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." With everything we do in life, if we have not charity, it doesn't benefit US. We can have much fruits, and never ourselves benefited, which isn't very intelligent. It's true. I've never baptized someone that I didn't truly love.

It's a great challenge to choose my words other than that I love you all. I love my family, my parents, my friends, my ward, and my Gracious and Merciful God for having conceded this brief time in my life to baptize His children. I know that my Savior lives. To serve a mission is not a sacrifice. It is a privilege and a pleasure. May we all stay firm and strong in the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ as we all serve our individual and personal missions here on the earth.

                                Elder Jonathan C. Engle
                                Brazil Teresina Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment