Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 08/13/2014 Free Bird




Free Bird
Dear People of Earth,

I feel like the Lynyrd Skynyrd song Free Bird as I´ve been a solo missionary this week. I sitll don´t have a designated companion, but I´ve been doing a ton of divisions. The rest of the time I´m with Elder Polson and Elder Pires, my wonderful District. The word is that I´ll get a new companion tomorrow. Since there aren´t any missionaries that can serve with me, for the time being they´ll call a young man from a ward within the mission boundaries to serve for 3-4 weeks with me until the next transfer. I´m excited to return to having a companion and it shall be an adventure for sure.
This past week I saw a giant miracle. I´ll keep the story very simple because it was very special (and I don´t have much time). Werberth came to church for the first time two Sundays ago. The very first visit with him I started teaching the Restoration and realized he didn´t need any of that. That moment, I interviewed him and found him worthy of baptism. He was baptized this last saturday and is going very strong. It was the first baptism in this area since last December. It´s been 8 months since a baptism here. Without a doubt it was an incredible miracle. He will be a leader in the church and is an elect of God.
The path is simple. Obey God and walk in the footsteps of His Only Begotten Son. Life is hard, but the Gospel is easy. Want to be happy? Life the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Werberth was prepared and he read and prayed. It was a miracle that he decided to have in his life, using his faith and acting. I know this is The Church of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.

Love,
Elder Engle






No comments:

Post a Comment