Friday, February 6, 2015

Elder Jonathan Engle 01/05/2015 Happy New Year... Elder!

Happy New Year... Elder!



Dear People of Earth,

I found great humor when so many people asked us what we did for New Year. I replied to everyone, "I slept great!" It was great for me, but there were a lot of cheap fireworks being fired and lots of Funk music played, so I was glad to sleep.
We haven´t worked in our area for two weeks. This last week we had a Leadership Meeting, lots of planning and then we gave a Zone Meeting to the zone Teresina Horto. It was an awesome experience because it was so rushed, yet everything worked out as the Lord made it all happen. I´ve been a bit under the weather, and being sick, I was still able to do everything necessary. The Spirit trully fills my mouth in all things and always points me in the right direction, as I listen anyway. What a great pleasure to serve as a warrior in the Lord´s army of missionaries.
I´d like to emphasize to everyone the importance of being anxiously engaged in a good cause. There´s no good thing in "All is well in Zion". On the contrary, we must always be anxious in hastening the Lord´s work and building His kingdom on the Earth. He´s coming, but we are who shall prepare the way for Him.
Remember well His great invite to us:

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
 27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
 28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.
 29 But he that doeth not anything until he is commanded, and receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth it with slothfulness, the same is damned.
 30 Who am I that made man, saith the Lord, that will hold him guiltless that obeys not my commandments?
 31 Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled?
 32 I command and men obey not; I revoke and they receive not the blessing.
 33 Then they say in their hearts: This is not the work of the Lord, for his promises are not fulfilled. But wo unto such, for their reward lurketh beneath, and not from above.
Love,
Elder Engle


No comments:

Post a Comment