Friday, February 6, 2015

Elder Jonathan Engle 01/19/2015 The other day.

The other day.



Dear People of Earth,
The other day, Elder Gomes and I spoke with a very kind woman. While conversing, I had to answer our cell phone. When I finished, their conversation was already over. I was so happy to talk with such a good person that I became very gullable. Elder Gomes said that she´s Bill Gate´s cousin. I was skeptical. I didn´t fully accept or reject the idea. I was very skeptical. How could Bill Gate´s have a cousin so kind and yet so poor here in the Northeast of Bazil!? Then I reasoned, I had heard stories that Bill Gates doesn´t even pay allowance to his children, so maybe he abandoned his cousin here. Then I realized how gullable I was... Elder Gomes is persuasive...
Anyway... This week I felt many trials falling upon me. In the midst of these specific challenges, the lyrics from the second verse of How Firm a Foundation really hit it home for me.

"In ev'ry condition--in sickness, in health,
In poverty's vale or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea--
As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand,
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be."
I know that it is Jesus Christ who succors us. In the midst of my personal challenges, it is He, the living Savior and Redeemer of all whom succors me individually, so much for me as for each and every one of you. He lives. This is our message. He lives and His Church lives as well. Come and see.
With Love,
Elder Engle
P.S. This is just a picture of me on our street. I´m still losing weight, so I´m really skinny.


No comments:

Post a Comment