Friday, February 6, 2015

Elder Jonathan Engle 01/28/2015The Corinthians Live!

The Corinthians Live!



Dear People of Earth,
Good morning Brothers and Sisters. Due to a very busy week with various meetings, I´m emailing today. As an important announcement of this email, I´m attaching a photo declaring my soccer allegiances. Yes, they are oficial, concrete and immovable. Similar to a book in the Bible, I´m a fan of the Coríntios. With the most loyal fan base in the world, there´s no way I couldn´t have been a fan of them. It was necessary to leave very clear to all unbelievers; Coríntios is the path. Thank you.
One of these days this week I spoke with a man who was shoveling sludge from his gutter. He invited us to enter in his home and speak with him. We spoke for a good while about his work and our time was running short. We talked about how the Gospel blesses families and asked him to call in his whole family. In came a wonderful wife to whom he´s married along with five sons. I spoke with the Mom about how when an entire family baptizes in the right place, everybody together, that family is so much stronger. She agreed and marked to baptize the entire family. It was incredible how a casual conversation in the street led to meeting an elect family that will make part of the Kingdom of God here on the Earth soon.
It´s a blessing to obey the commandments of God. For my scriptures of the week, I´d like to leave a classic combination of two scriptures that establish the foundation for the doctrine of obedience and blessings. May we remember that all blessings come from God in accord with our obedience to His Eternal laws. May we remember the importance of obedience in having a happy life is my humble invite to you all this week, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Doctrine and Covenantes 130:20-21
 20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
 21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.
Doctrine and Covenantes 82:10
10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.
P.S. The second photo is a photo of the leadership of the zone Teresina Horto.



No comments:

Post a Comment