Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 02/25/2014 11:51 Short 'n' Sweet



Elder Jonathan Engle 02/25/2014 11:51

Short 'n' Sweet

Dear People of Earth,
A few weeks ago I mentioned spraining my wrist (I believe I mentioned it...) when I fell off my bike ('twas graceful indeed). I'm currently typing with a wonderful brace on my right wrist, so I'll keep it brief.
When we first arrived in this area, we had one investigator that one of the sisters continued to teach, so we had none that we could teach. Now we have nearly twenty. Something very inspirational to me is that every time our plans fall through, my companion and I say a prayer asking to know what is God's will for us at that time. Without fail, every single time we are guided in some small way to bring about great things. We've found so many people that are prepared for our message when all our plans cancel on us. It's humbling to know that this is truly His work.
This week's message that has resonated with me is found in Alma 26, the entire chapter. The Lord counsels them to suffer patiently through their afflictions in order to see success. Every time they waver, they are counseled to have patience. After having much patience, Alma 26 is them glorying in God. I love the example of Ammon and will gladly echo his praise and joy to God.
I will boast in my God forever. It is through Him that we do this work and can do all things. I love this work. It's Him that we serve and follow. Alma 26:12 stands forever strong: "Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
A mission isn't easy, but if you're doing all you can, then it's always worth it. Life is hard, but the Gospel is easy.
Love,
Elder Engle


No comments:

Post a Comment