Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 02/4/2014 Albuquerque and Bikes


Elder Jonathan Engle  02/4/2014
Albuquerque and Bikes

Dear Home,
This week we've been converted to a full bike area. It's been challenging, since me and bikes were never very good friends, but we're seeing so many blessings from riding bikes. We've met so many people with open minds and hearts who are ready to receive our message. It's a tender mercy as well to rely on the Lord as we go about His work.
I've also seen tender mercies from the Lord in different, special ways. Brother Harrison in our ward served his mission in Australia and has an amazing Australian Didgeridoo that he asks me to play when I come over. Also, the Amsden family in our ward, who are absolute super heroes, have a son that plays Horn. I was able to play some hymns for them. It's a simple tender mercy to be able to share these talents with others and help them to feel joy.
I love this work and am thankful for this very short time I have in in Albuquerque, NM and on my Mission. May the Lord bless you in all your endeavors.

Love,
Elder Engle
P.S. More photos to come next week, but this week features my companion Elder Humpherys and I, just having biked to the Library. Brother Harrison in our ward also let me use his trench coat for the sudden snowfall. I guess I've been spoiled with 60s most of this winter, so I'll take a little snow this season. It'll be melted before ya know it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment