Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 2/11/2014 11:57 Albuquerque with the Watermelon Mountains


Elder Jonathan Engle 2/11/2014 11:57

Albuquerque with the Watermelon Mountains

Dear World,

This has been a miraculous week in our area. What was once a nearly-dead area is turning into a plentiful spring of appointments and kind people to visit and love. We've seen so many miracles.
Funny story:
Being in a bike area, we get a lot more tired by the end of the day. Last week, I was so exhausted from one of our first few days of biking. When we were pulling up the curb at our apartment complex, I was so tired that my brain just kind of shut off. I hit the curb and flopped on the ground, actually spraining my right wrist (I'm really good at that). That definitely woke me up and I complained about how stupid it was. In reflection, it's kind of hilarious.
Spiritual stuff:
Yesterday we had the most focused and well-planned weekly planning session of my mission. We filled up a lot of our calendar. The Spirit helped us to focus as a companionship. Also, we had four lessons yesterday. Each of them was very spiritual and really helped people to progress. We picked up three new investigators, all of them part-member families. It's exciting to be able to complete families in their knowledge of the truth.
This Saturday we have a baptism coming up for Mi'-me. The past sisters before us have done essentially all the work, but we're glad to be humble onlookers as we see more and more miracles in our area given to us from our Father in Heaven.

Lately in my study I've been learning more about the early history of the Church. I feel the testimonies of those heroic saints as they gave so much to have the truth. I'm humbled to be able to carry on the legacy.

Love,
Elder Engle

No comments:

Post a Comment