Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Elder Jonathan Engle 03/25/2014 Merry Christmas!

Elder Jonathan Engle 03/25/2014

Merry Christmas!



Dear People of Earth,
I apologize for not replying to more of your emails lately. It's been a wild, wild time here in Albuquerque lately!

In terms of news and announcements: This previous week, I received news that my visa has arrived. I was originally scheduled to leave today, but I received a call yesterday explaining that the Travel Office had put off my flight for one more week. I leave for the Brazil MTC on April 1, 2014, and will stay there for two weeks of language training.
It's a mixed-bag knowing that I'm returning to the MTC for two-weeks. It's weird to say the least. I definitely need the help in Portuguese, so I do look forward to a transition into the foreign life I guess, which speaking of...
Yesterday I became very sick, which was most likely due to stress. Without going into too much detail, it was definitely not a very pleasant day to say the least. My email replying is lazy today because I'm still feeling somewhat sick, but I'm actually thankful for this experience in the long-run. I received a priesthood blessing from our Father in Heaven yesterday. In it was absolutely everything that I needed to hear. Although it's unfortunate that I had to get so sick to receive it, I'm thankful for that opportunity.
This next week I'll be in a triple-companionship with Elder Jenson and Elder Black, the Albuquerque Zone Leaders. We'll be covering the entire Academy Heights ward, so we're looking to have the busiest week of our missions! We're super pumped, and I'm glad to be able to help with the transition as new missionaries serve in our area (the new missionaries for our area will come on April 1).
This past week we had many tender farewells. This area's changed so much in the past two months that we've been here. Although, many people will be surprised to see me again this coming week! When I'm feeling better, I'll have to post the many photos we took this week.
This past Sunday Elder Humpherys and I spoke in Sacrament meeting. We had a lot of excitement and build up leading up to that meeting and had seven investigators and nine less-active members come! Two of the less-active members that came haven't come in at least twenty years. It was really exciting. I wanted to jump up and down and dance when I was at the pulpit, to say the least.
The header for this week's email is titled "Merry Christmas" because I got a lot of Christmas mail yesterday! The mission office had mail for me, some of which was from Christmas and from February as well. Our ward back home sends Christmas letters to all the missionaries, and I finally got them. Thanks everyone!
I love you all so very much. It's a sacred time to serve the Lord. I love it! 'Till we meet again!

Love,
Elder Engle


No comments:

Post a Comment